|Name:||Miss April Spink|
Miss April Spink is Coraline's neighbour. She is described to be big and old. She is a retired actress, and shares a flat with Miss Forcible.
About Miss Spink
Miss Spink and Miss Forcible are two elderly retired actress. They share a flat together in the Pink Palace Apartments.
Miss Spink is the smartest of the two. She knows that her friend isn't always as sharp as she is. She is quite round with pink hair and heavy blue eyeshadow. She wears a green/sea foam dress with ruffles at the ends of it and a white pearl necklace. She also walks around with a walker that is filled with knitting supplies in case she has to knit an angel sweater for her sick Scottie dogs.
The Other Miss SpinkIn the Other World, she and Miss Forcible both have counterparts, who put on a show for Coraline. The Other Miss Spink is dressed as a mermaid with painted buttons made to look like eyes. She recites opera-like poetry from Hamlet alongside the Other Forcible but they soon start arguing and the performance dissolves into chaos. Following the destruction of the props and play, the pair resort to acrobatics. They somehow strip away their old skin and turn into their younger selves, seen previously on posters in their basement flat.
Much later, the Other Spink and Forcible are turned into a grotesque green and pink taffy monster with their entangled bodies resembling marshmallow twists and with hair like ribbon candy (Also not officially known as "Old Taffy"). The dogs are turned into bat-like creatures with red bloodshot eyes. The pair are inside a large paper taffy and hold a ghost child's eye in the form of a pearl ring. When Coraline attempts to remove it from them, they emerge and screech at her to "Leave" and "Give it back". Coraline defeats them by making the bats swoop down in anger for her, ducking so they miss and hit the whining twosome instead. They promptly turn into a statuesque form with hideous faces.
- "I'm known as the siren of all seven seas, the breaker of hearts by the bay, so if you go swimmin', with bow-legged women, I might steal your weak heart away "
- "Beware of old oysters too large in the chest, let's banish them from the buffet, I'm far more nutritious
- "Did I hear a banshee?"
- "This Mermaid Enchantress"
- " My eyes?! You're blind as a bat!"
- "Never wear green in your dressing room."
- "I see a very peculiar hand."
- "Giraffes don't just fall from the sky, Miriam!"
- "Do you have any nice queens for mummy?"
- "Oh.... Oh Caroline... Caroline,Caroline,Caroline! You are in terrible danger..
- "Oh cease your infernal yapping!!"