Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article, Charlie Jones, is under active construction! Coraline Wiki apologizes for the inconvenience.
|Family:|| Coraline Jones (daughter) |
Mel Jones (wife)
|Affiliation:|| Pink Palace |
|Voiced by:||John Hodgman|
From what has been depicted in the film, Charlie is left with the cooking (although terrible at it as expressed by Coraline during one dinner time) as his wife does the cleaning. Like his wife, being a busy father and husband, Charlie has little time and attention to spare for his daughter as he spent most of his time typing articles for a gardening catalogue in his computer. However, although busy with work, Charlie seems to wish that he could play with his daughter more often but is too busy and wrapped up with the demands of his job.
Later in the film, after Coraline escaped from the other world, he and his wife were kidnapped by the Beldam and was trapped in the other world. They asked for Coraline's help through the mirror in the hallway of real world and was later revealed to be trapped in the snow globe on the other world's mantlepiece. After Coraline saved them, they came back in the real world without any recollection of the events that took place. Though some theories question if Coraline's parents were ever in captivity in the first place. Afterwards when they finished their gardening catalogue, they hosted a gardening party and Charlie seemingly paid more attention to his daughter, Coraline.
Charlie is a lanky man with a long neck and face. In the film, he is depicted to look very tired and stressed under his glasses, and wears green long-sleeved shirt that says Michigan State and pants with a brown belt around his waist. Unlike his counterpart in the other world, he wears blue flip flops. When Coraline is telling her parents about her first experience with the other mother and father, he jokes "Orange! My monkey slippers are blue!"
Very much like his wife, Mel Jones, Charlie is constantly busy with typing for his gardening catalogue and have very little time and attention to spare for his daughter, Coraline. However, despite this, as a father, he also loves her and cares deeply for her just like how Mel does.
- He makes a joke in the film implying that he had a rash on his bottom but Mel comically interrupts him before he can say anyting too descriptive, like how Coraline had a poison oak rash. He calls it writer's rash and it has become a popular joke in the Coraline fandom.
- Charlie's last name is Jones.
- Charlie cooks while Mel cleans.
- "Hello, Coraline and Coraline . . . doll?"
- "I told you to count all the windows, not put your knee through them!"
- "Can you get me some of that magic mud you were talking about? Because I have a terrible case of writer's rash, on my-"
- "Oh, my twitchy-witchy girl, I think you are so nice. I give you bowls of porridge and I give you bowls of ice cream."