This is the manual pertaining to the Coraline Wiki and does not represent the rules of other wikis.
When you've read this, or if you believe that you do not require reading; you can freely edit pages to better them.
Policies and Rules Edit
Though Fandom does not necessarily adhere to rules proposed for this wiki, detailed here, exclusively, the Coraline Wiki is required to adhere to some policies and rules proposed by Fandom. Those can be read here and here.
User Behavior Edit
The Coraline Wiki does not frown on negative behavior. Behave as you want, curse, write offensive blogs, all you want but limit it to such a manner that is still within the purview of the Fandom's global rules.
You're still required to accept other people's wants when dealing with them on their terms, such as their own talk page; there they have the authority to state what you can and can not do, in a manner that complies with common sense.
Manual of Style Edit
The style and quality expected by the Coraline Wiki is proposed here.
- The Coraline Wiki capitalizes titles regardless but these titles are not, except if it is an proper title, capitalized in the article.
- Though, other mother and Other Mother both are valid, the book has made an effort in not capitalizing thus so will Coraline Wiki.
- Objects, entities:
- Coraline Wiki adhere to the spelling of the book in which all common nouns are not capitalized. Do not capitalize: the well, or the cat, or the car. A unique scenario to this rule is the other world which is never mention as such in the book, but if it had; the Coraline Wiki assume it would have been treatead as a common noun.
Contracted text, abbrevations, are often considered informal or inappropriate thus the Coraline Wiki refrains from contracting words in our content articles.
There is much controversy and debate and specific preferences regarding types of pronuns concurrently. Coraline Wiki adheres to the examples of the books and movies where in common, mainstream pronuns are used: Coraline is a girl which is a term for a young woman, Wybie Lovat is a boy which is a term for a young man, academically; Coraline is a female and Wybie is a male.
Other Information Edit
- Special:Statistics - A list of statistics.
- Special:Version - A list of technical information regarding functions.
- Special:Specialpages - A list of special pages with special functions.
- Category:Templates - A list of templates for easier and more quicker accomplishing various tasks.
- Special:Log/protect A history log of pages and their protected status.